Naturopathic medicine is a system that uses natural remedies to help the body heal itself. It embraces many therapies. The goal of naturopathy is to treat the whole person- mind, body and spirit. It also aims to heal the root causes of an illness, not just the symptoms. Naturopathic medicine focuses on education and prevention. The doctor may give you diet, exercise or stress management tips. In addition to naturopathic treatments, they might use complementary medicine, such as:
- Western Botanical Medicine- sources high quality certified organic herbs from certified organic growers who know their products as well as high quality herb supplier. The herbs are fully soaked in an alcohol and water mixture in stainless steel barrels and glass vessels for a minimum of two weeks after which they are pressed in stainless steel equipment. The resultant liquid herbal extract, known as an herbal tincture, is then filtered and bottled in glass.
- Ayurvedic Medicine- is one of the world’s oldest holistic healing systems. It was developed more than 3,000 years ago in India. It’s based on the belief that health and wellness depend on a balance between the mind, body and spirit. Ayurvedic medicine may be used as blood purification, medical oils, herbs, enemas or laxatives.
- Unani Medicine- is a system that originated in ancient Greece but is now practiced primarily in India. Involving the use of herbal remedies, dietary practices and alternative therapies.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine- is a broad range of medicine practices sharing common concepts which have developed in China and are based on a tradition of more than 2,000 years. It includes various forms of herbal medicine, acupuncture, Tuina massage, exercise and dietary therapy.
- Bach Flower Remedies- contains a very small amount of flower material in a 50:50 solution of brandy and water, and are said to work by transmitting a vibrational energy through the memory of water.
- Homeopathy- is a safe, gentle, and natural system of healing that works with your body to relieve symptoms, restore itself and improve your overall health. Homeopathic medicines, known as remedies, are made from natural sources and are environmentally friendly and cruelty free.
- Clinical Nutrition- is the practice of analyzing if a person is consuming an adequate amount of nutrients for good health.
- Gem Therapy- is an alternative form of healing. Practitioners of this therapy believe that gemstones carry certain vibrations which when placed within a person’s aura has the effect of changing it.
Naturopathic Doctor’s Consultation:
- The initial assessment (1st visit) will include a full intake with basic treatment recommendations and lab recommendations.
- The follow-up initial (2nd visit) will continue to work on the intake with specific treatment recommendations and lab review.
- The follow-up visit will continue to work on treatment recommendations and modalities.
In order to compliment the intake; the Naturopathic Doctor may recommend lab tests, which the patient can pursue by having their medical doctor write a lab requisition for them. Treatment recommendations performed in initial and follow up visits will include Western Botanical Medicine; Ayurvedic Medicine; Unani Medicine; Traditional Chinese Medicine; Bach Flower Remedies; Homeopathy; Clinical Nutrition; Phytotherapy, Gem Therapy, Psychological Counseling and Lifestyle Counseling.
Modalities will include Acupuncture, Fertility Acupuncture, Massage, Cupping and Naturopathic Manipulation. You can combine two of the modalities together in one visit but there will be separate charges for each. Or you can combine a modality together with a Naturopathic Doctor’s visit, but there will be separate charges for each depending on the type of visit, age group and duration.